Saturday, July 27, 2013

God's Child: Sharing my heart regarding Christianity

                                          
In the words of Angus Buchan , “ I may disappoint you, but God won’t.”

So, you don’t want to become a Christian , go to church or know more about Jesus because someone you know, who professes to be a Christian, has shown you a side of themselves that you don’t like.

Just ponder on the following questions and re think your opinion. Consider whether you should let the actions of others jeopardise a possible relationship between you and Jesus and hamper your entry into heaven.

You are denying yourself the privilege of a relationship with God based on the sins of another human. Now look towards yourself.

    Name anyone you know who is perfect in every way.
    Do you sin?
    Name some of your sins if you acknowledge that you do sin.
    Is your life perfectly “good”?
    Do you always overcome temptation?
    Do you always react well to people?
    Do you know of anyone who does not suffer hardship of many kinds?

How did you fare?

Did you know that The Bible is about sinners who God used for His work? Even the people who did things for God suffered hardships. They were all imperfect, every single one of them. The only perfect person in The Bible was Jesus. Jesus suffered many hardships and this included Him suffering persecution and dying on the cross to free us from our sins.

Are you ready to accept this amazing gift?

Only God and Jesus are perfect and no one else on earth will be perfect, ever!

Christians are actually sinners and they go to church because that is where a group of sinners meet to admit their sins and pray for God’s forgiveness. They also worship God for who He is and for the forgiveness of sins, through His grace.

Not one single Christian earns God’s forgiveness, if we had to do this we would fail miserably.
  
God forgives the sins of everyone who confesses those sins and believe that Jesus died on the cross for them. Yes, even the person who has committed what you believe is the greatest sin of all! That’s why the church is full of these people, because they can profess to God’s forgiveness and how God has helped them overcome their sinfulness.

If you want to know what kind of person God is then learn all you can about Jesus, because He came down to show the world what God is like. Jesus was there for the hurting, the sinners, the people that humans thought were not good enough. Jesus is here for you and for me. He wants to love you and be with you; but you have to invite Him into your life. You need to know that only Jesus can save you. You can rely on His promises.

Christians are not perfect and never will be, but they have a relationship with Jesus and allow Him to work in their lives.  They all fail Him daily, but He loves and forgives them if they admit their sins.

Here is a summary of what it means to be a Christian, I don’t know who wrote this, but it sums things up perfectly.

When I say I am a Christian
I’m not shouting “I am saved”
I’m whispering.... “I got lost”
That is why I choose this way.

When I say I am a Christian
I don’t speak of this with pride,
I’m confessing that I stumble
And need someone to be my guide.

When I say I am a Christian
I’m not trying to be strong,
I’m professing that I am weak
And pray for strength to carry on.

When I say I am a Christian
I’m not bragging of success,
I’m admitting that I have failed
And cannot pay the debt.

When I say I am a Christian
I’m not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are too visible
But God believes I am worth it.

When I say I am a Christian
I still feel the sting of pain,
I have my own share of heartaches
Which is why I seek His name.

When I say I am a Christian
I do not wish to judge
I have no authority
I only know that I am loved. (Anonymous)

  
Now could you also become a Christian? It is because of God’s love for us that He doesn’t require only the “good” to join Him in heaven; if that were the case no one would go there. In The Bible we are told that our good works will not get us into heaven, but that as Christians our good works are to be done to the glory of God.

Read the following passages to help you understand more about being a Christian.
Write down what each verse says to you.

Matthew 7 verses 21to 27
Matthew 11 verses 28 to 30
John 3 verse 3
John 3 verse 16
John 5 verse 24
John 14:6
Acts 2 verse 21
Acts 16 verse 31
Romans 3 verses 21 to 25a
Romans 10 verses 9 to 15
Revelation 3 verses 20 to 22

Please speak to someone reliable should you have questions.
I trust that you will pray and ask Jesus to come into your life.

If you want to invite Jesus into your life
Ask a Christian to be with you if you like or do this alone.

Read those verses I listed.
Pray and Confess that you are a sinner, ask for the forgiveness of your sins, you need to BELIEVE that Jesus died for your sins and say so.
Invite Jesus into your life as your personal saviour and ask Him to be Lord of your life.
Thank Jesus that He has forgiven you and that in faith you accept Him and invite the Holy Spirit to be sent as your helper.


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love the 'summary of what it means to be a Christian'. So beautifully said. I'm very excited to share it with others, who I know will benefit from this simply put and yet profound summary. Thanks Heath. xxx

    ReplyDelete