Tuesday, July 16, 2013

God's Child and Poet: Light

Light
Lord God,
Your light is a constant, sure thing.
Your earthly light radiates by day through the sun
by night through the moon and stars.
No matter whether clouds overshadow these lights they still appear faithfully,
day by day
night by night.
No matter how dark, noisy or violent the storms may be
Your earthly lights are there
evidence of You, Your reliability, Your ever present being.

In my life Lord God
Your light is a constant, sure thing.
Your spiritual light radiates
both day and night in my life.
No matter whether the clouds of life overshadow Your light
You are still there, ever faithful
day by day, night by night.
No matter how dark, noisy or violent life’s storms may be
Your spiritual light is there
evidence of You, Your reliability, Your ever present being.

My light is not a constant, sure thing.
It does not always radiate in all I say or do.
By day or night I am not always the light You require me to be.
When clouds of life surround me
my light is often overshadowed,
I often become dark, noisy and violent.
I don’t always display evidence of Your light and presence,
my light often flickers, fades or just goes out.

Thank You, Lord God that You do not desert me at these times,
Instead You surround me with Your other earthly lights: Your children.
They draw me back to You; remind me that You are there.
Your Word is ever present
calling me to restore my light from You.
Your church a light too.
No matter what ,Lord God, Your light never flickers or fades
and You never remove Your light from me,
all it takes is my move of faith
to restore Your glow in my life.

Thank You, Lord God for Your gift of light.
May I be a light house for You.
Wherever I go
day by day, night by night
Use me for Your honour and glory.
Amen

Written by Heather Botha



1 comment: