Thursday, September 12, 2013

Poet: Gates



Gates
Gates appear on each road of my journey
open gates, closed gates,
half open? half closed?
firmly locked ones
inviting ones, daunting ones
freshly painted gates, rusty ones, wooden ones, metal ones
wobbly ones, firm ones, creaky ones, buckled ones.

Each one opening up a new adventure
for me to experience life’s pathways,
unsure of what lies ahead,
but trusting in the plan for my life.

Some gates I open easily
moving forward confidently,
others I pass by
choosing not to open.
Some I open and then close again
as I see what lies ahead.
Some I open slowly
and make a decision whether to venture on the path I see clearly before me.
Some gates open onto hilly or rocky paths
the way ahead obscured.........
decisions, decisions!

 Poem and photographs by Heather Botha

No comments:

Post a Comment